[Vision2020] Food, Inc. (was: GMO (generally more oratory))

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Nov 23 16:02:42 PST 2014

Here's some informative Thanksgiving week movie fare to complement the
fine American table settings:
Add this one to your Netflix feed for the holidays:
Food, Inc. <http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
<http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
<http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
<http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
<http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
<http://www.imdb.com/register/login?why=vote&ref_=tt_ov_rt>
Ratings: *7.9*/10 from 35,673 users
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt>  Metascore:
80/100 <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt>
Reviews: 120 user
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt> | 119 critic
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/externalreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt> | 28
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt> from
Metacritic.com <http://www.metacritic.com>

An unflattering look inside America's corporate controlled food industry.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

/*Food, Inc.*/ is a 2008 American documentary film
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_film> directed by Emmy Award
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Award>-winning filmmaker Robert
Kenner <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kenner>.^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Inc.#cite_note-Severson-3> The film
examines corporate farming
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_farming> in the United States
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States>, concluding that
agribusiness <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agribusiness> produces food
that is unhealthy, in a way that is environmentally harmful and abusive
of both animals and employees. The film is narrated by Michael Pollan
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pollan> and Eric Schlosser
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Schlosser>.^[4]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Inc.#cite_note-Biancolli-4> ^[5]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Inc.#cite_note-Chesterman-5>