[Vision2020] yet another political compass

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:46:49 PST 2014

The party I'm most clearly affiliated with *is* a third party.  If the
percentage of third party voters is larger than the gap between the two
parties, then it's in their best interests to change their platform to
become more appealing to those third party voters.  In the meantime I will
continue to vote for the candidate I think is best and leave the gaming of
the system to the politicians.

There were a few states this last election where the percentage of voters
for the Libertarian Party was larger than the spread between the two
candidates (Kansas, Arkansas, Florida, Vermont, and Alaska).  In those
states, next election, the parties would be best off trying to appeal to
those voters if they don't want that to happen again.