[Vision2020] more guns on campus

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 27 11:58:17 PDT 2014

I know of a couple of professors who were here interviewing for a position
around the time Otter signed the bill and both were absolutely aghast.  Both
subsequently declined the position.  Was it because of the guns on campus
debacle?  Who knows, but that certainly did not help based on the reactions.

My dh is considering no longer meeting in person with students in his office
once this goes into effect - they can contact him via phone or email during
his office hours.  You know how those Idaho legislators think they deserve
special treatment because they sometimes have to deal with hostile
constituents therefore they don't need no stinking permits?  I have no
sympathy for them given their absolute love of Red Meat politics, but they
have nothing on professors who have to deal with unhinged students certain
that a poor grade on an assignment is going to ruin their career
opportunities for the rest of their lives, etc.

He's half-joking, but I'm not.  I'm glad he'll be retiring sooner rather
than later.

Great job, Idaho, of finding new creative ways of killing education - those
of you who worship at the 2A alter must be so proud.

Disgusting.

Saundra