[Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 10 01:42:06 PDT 2014

What on earth makes you think I "don't like" the Second Amendment, Paul?
That's just plain silliness . . . and yet another distortion on your part,
Paul.  I won't even bother to express surprise or disappointment at your
false characterization.  This isn't the first time you've accused those of
us who have pointed out the lunacy of the gun nuts of being anti-2A -- I
guess you find it easier to do that than deal with the reality that the 2A
nuts are unreasonable.

It would, however, be fair to say that I "don't like" the perversion of the
Second Amendment by the likes of the new NRA, some GOPers, most tea baggers,
gun manufacturers, etc.  That perversion has found traction amongst the
least mentally stable amongst us, yet you just ignore that inconvenient
factoid.

And, what I particularly "don't like" is that so many who worship at the 2A
alter are intentionally obtuse and stunningly silent about the rest of the
Constitution unless it's to rant & rave about doing away with the Fed,
getting rid of direct election of senators, justifying denying privacy with
respect to reproductive RIGHTS, justifying equal protection for ALL
Americans, etc.

IOW, I find the rank hypocrisy of elevating 2A above everything else in the
Constitution to be offensive and mentally unbalanced.  And, it's
disingenuous -- at best -- for you to fail to make the distinction.  The
vast majority of those who worship at the 2A alter pick & choose what parts
of the Constitution they "like" and which parts they "don't like" whereas
people like me actually respect the entire thing.

Saundra