[Vision2020] Come on all you big, strong men, Uncle Butch needs a helpin' hand . . .

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 08:21:06 PST 2014

Simple, and in line with Idaho "thinking":
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/28/1650691/idaho-lawmaker-wants-to-draft-all-able-bodied-men-into-militias-to-fight-the-federal-government/#

Idaho Lawmaker Wants To Draft All Adults Into Militias
BY AVIVA SHEN ON FEBRUARY 28, 2013 AT 10:30 AM
 146Share This  76Tweet This
"Idaho Lawmaker Wants To Draft All Adults Into Militias"
Share:    Share on email
The National Rifle Association and pro-gun politicians have amped up their fearmongering since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, warning that President Obama’s push for gun regulations like universal background checks is a tyrannical plot to confiscate all gunsand possibly impose sharia law over unarmed Americans.
One Idaho legislator is taking this threat seriously. State Sen. Jim Rice (R) proposed a state constitutional amendment on Wednesday to draft all adults into militias to combat any effort by the federal government to alter the Second Amendment and confiscate guns. While conscientious objectors would be allowed to opt out of service, Rice said on Twitter he would expand the draft to men and women of all ages:
While Rice hasn’t offered specific language for his proposed amendment, he indicated that the age and gender requirements would be dropped, making all adults eligible for service.
>“Today we held a print hearing on my proposed state constitutional amendment that will eliminate age and gender discrimination from our definition of the state militia,” the lawmaker wrote in a message posted to Twitter. “This will allow the state to backstop the individual right to keep and bear arms in an effective way that is supported by the reasoning in all theU.S. Supreme Court decisions.”
Rice plans to put his proposal up for a vote on Idaho’s 2014 general ballot. The amendment is just the latest in state-level efforts against even basic federal gun regulation. Several states have passed laws to nullify federal law and criminalize police officers who try to enforce federal law. Despite the hysterical reactions from pro-gun lawmakers, the majority of Americans, including gun owners, support the measures included in Obama’s gun violence prevention plan, including universal background checks, a ban on high capacity magazine sales, and closing the gun show loophole. Nowhere in the president’s plan does he call for the confiscation of weapons.

On Friday, March 7, 2014 11:18 PM, Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:

Paul,  there has to be more to it than that to it.  Are we
looking at some sort of “posse comitatus” revival through this resolution?

>Sue H
Hansen ; Moscow Vision 2020
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Come on all you big, strong men,Uncle
Butch needs a helpin' hand . . .
>  Able-bodied
men *and women*, as I read it.

Hansen <thansen at moscow.com>
<vision2020 at moscow.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:02
PM
.

>Idaho's Senate Joint Resolution 103
>
>http://legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2014/SJR103.htm
>

>On the positive side though . . .
>
>It looks like The Idaho Senate has identified a method to pay for
education.

>Seeya 'round town, Moscow, because . . .
>

>"Moscow Cares" (the most fun you can have with your pants
on)
>http://www.MoscowCares.com
>
>Tom Hansen
>Moscow, Idaho
>

>"There's room at the top they are telling you still.
>But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,
>If you want to be like the folks on the hill."
>

>- John Lennon

>List
services made available by First Step Internet,
>serving the communities of
the Palouse since
1994.

mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com