[Vision2020] Idaho Senate Joint Resolution 103 (Military Duty), as amended, . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 7 20:05:01 PST 2014

I find it to be extremely peculiar to require citizens of Idaho, 18 years of age or older, to perform military service as part of an "unorganized militia" (the resolution's words, not mine) or to contribute money (amount to be determined) to their county education board.

Fortunately, the final decision concerning adopting this resolution as law will not be made by the state legislature, but by the people of Idaho . . .

"The question to be submitted to the electors of the State of Idaho at the next general election shall be as follows:

'Shall Section 1, Article XIV, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho be amended to eliminate the drafting of Idaho citizens and to provide that all able-bodied residents of Idaho age eighteen years or older are subject to military service in accordance with law?'"

It will be interesting to see if this resolution makes it through the House and Senate. And, if that comes to fruition, hiw many votes are cast in favorofsuch a state constitutional amendment.

Stay tuned, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon