[Vision2020] Otter Signs Ag-Gag Bill

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:42:41 PST 2014

Paul writes: 'I'm curious how: [Paul's verbatim post] translates to [Tom's verbatim misinterpretation of Paul's post]'

This happens from time to time because 1) Tom doesn't like you, 2) Tom doesn't want anyone else to like you or be influenced by you (as if we all aren't already stuck in our ways) and thus is attempting to discredit you, and 3) Unless you keep your posts short and crisp with a one line pithy response attached to a graphic, Tom is prone misinterpreting what you wrote which he's done in this case.

In this instance, Tom is trying to point out that you're a hypocrite because he thinks that you're against the NSA spying but 'applauding' Google spying.

Here's my scorecard:

Paul:
- against NSA spying
- against Google spying
- takes active precautions in attempt to try protect all of his data more securely

Tom:
- is not vehemently against NSA spying
- is vehemently against Google spying

Scott:
- is OK with NSA spying if such spying does not violate constitutional protections
- is OK with Google spying if such spying does not violate laws

Saundra:
- is smart enough not to commit to 'all or nothing' hardline rules

My conclusion:
- Tom is the one standout with the inconsistent positions regarding NSA spying vs Google spying
- Ironically, Tom accuses Paul of being a hypocrite
- Further ironically - Tom has it backwards.  There should be more concern placed on NSA because fruits of such activity can lead to criminal prosecution whereas Google's goal is simply to sell marketing information to other companies.

Case closed (aka 'Nuff said)
-Scott