[Vision2020] Otter Signs Ag-Gag Bill

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 10:58:46 PST 2014

I'm curious how:

"Which leads nicely into the topic of whether or not an AI Google should
have rights.  I would consider having to comprehend decades of viz2020
archive posts to be a cruel and unusual punishment for a sentient machine."

...translates to "applauding Google's technical advances and their
(Google's) ability to learn more about a person than that person knows
about him/herself".

Especially after I responded to Saundra describing the precautions I
take against the casual leaking of information.  I obviously don't agree
that Google should know more about me than I know about myself when I
block javascript from google-analytics.com and googleadservices.com.
Not to mention peeling off a private window when i log into Google+,
gmail, or Youtube (or Facebook) in order contain their cookies from
infecting the rest of my browsing. And, yes, I'm sure the interwebs know
a lot about me.  I have been online in some form or another since
probably the early 90's, if not the late 80's.  I haven't always cared
about my online footprint.  Not that I'm Jackal or anything, I just take
some simple precautions when I think about it.

I do applaud Google's technical advances, though.  They have some really
sharp customers working for them.

Paul