[Vision2020] Bergdahl

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Mon Jun 2 09:39:44 PDT 2014

I absolutely agree that Gitmo and the torture and mistreatment of prisoners
is a  terrible stain on the reputation of United States.  However, I did not
fall off the turnip truck last night.  Many, certainly not all, of those
detained at Gitmo are wretched, dangerous, fanatics  with a world view that
is intolerable in an free society.  Do I think that they belong in a federal
prison in the U.S.  after they had received a fair trial, been represented
by competent defense attorneys and ultimately found guilty?  Absolutely.
But, we should never have opened an open air prison where torture was on the
agenda.  Where in the hell – and I mean that literally – did we find
sociopaths who were willing to torture people?  Those people and the
jackasses who hired them should be locked up as well.  Actually, since the
people involved on both sides are beyond nasty pieces of work, I’d like to
see the whole lot (after trial) be locked up in the same federal prison so
they could enjoy each other’s company for a good, long time.  There is no
moral difference between to two groups in my book.

It is a disgrace and disappointment to me that President Obama and his staff
have not addressed this issue.

Rose