[Vision2020] Stephen Hawking’s Blunder on Black Holes Shows Danger of Listening to Scientists

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:03:12 PDT 2014

I would also like to mention that people should remember that science is a
journey, not a destination.  As new information comes in,  hypotheses can
be invalidated and theories can be tossed for failing to handle new data.
Predictions can fail, and even simple brain-dead assumptions can be shown
not to hold.  It's an iterative process, and the fact that hypostheses can
be wrong is what makes it so powerful.  The scientific method allows us to
learn from our mistakes, which is what separates it from dogma.

Paul