[Vision2020] Trashing the future

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Jul 28 01:47:10 PDT 2014

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (July 28, 2014) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Dick Artley of Grangeville.

-------------------------------------
Letter: Trashing the future
Clearwater National Forest Supervisor Rick Brazell of Lochsa Land Exchange infamy is at it again. I encourage those who enjoy recreating in their national forests to attend the U.S. Forest Service meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, in the 1912 Center in Moscow. Forest Supervisor Brazell will discuss his proposed Forest Plan revision for two hours. For decades the national forests in America have been bound by a 40 acre clearcut size maximum.
When Brazell's proposed Forest Plan is finalized it will 1) exempt the Clearwater National Forest from the USFS 40 acre clearcut size limit, 2) hardwire 1,500 acre clearcuts into the plan, and 3) allow clearcuts of any size when he declares a "catastrophic" event has occurred. Brazell will define catastrophic event.
Who is this guy who uses our tax dollars to trash our legacy to future generations in order to serve his corporate masters with short-term profit?
Dick Artley, Grangeville

6:00 pm, Wednesday (July 30th)
Moscow's 1912 Center

Seeya there (cameras in hand), Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com