[Vision2020] A fine point, perhaps.

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue Jul 1 11:05:37 PDT 2014

And, by what means can a court, or an employer  distinguish between really believing vs fakey believing?   For example, a closely held company invests in corporations that produce medication or devices that prevent conception.  Let’s identify that company as Hobby Lobby <http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/hobby-lobby-retirement-plan-invested-emergency-contraception-and-abortion-drug-makers> .  (Please read the link).  Do you suppose that their recent law suit was related to actual moral objections? Did they suddenly starting giving a hoot about the issue two years ago?  Or, do you think that their law suit might have political objectives?  If past actions are any indication they have (by their own recently adopted standards) loosey goosey ethics.  And, because the medical community (who actually know more about the medicine than the judges, the attorneys, and the Green Family) does not considered the medication or devices abortifacient <http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/what-abortifacient-and-what-it-isnt> , why were the opinion of experts ignored in favor of a conservative political agenda?  In the meantime, since we can only guess at the intensity of a religious commitment – I call out the Green family as hypocritical political opportunists and the five justices as patriarchal jackasses.

 Rose Huskey