[Vision2020] A fine point, perhaps.

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 09:04:41 PDT 2014

Yes, you're right.  It's not free.  It's subsidized by everyone who pays into it, plus what the employer pays.  I don't see a problem with a small group of "close-knit" people with similar beliefs objecting to something they feel goes against their religious beliefs.  Especially when the consequence is to pay for a specific contraceptive yourself.  It's not like they are objecting to open-heart surgery.

Is having the ability to get health care in general from your employer a basic human right?  Is the ability to have your contraceptives in general or the "morning after" pill in specific as a part of your health plan offered at work a basic human right?

Paul