[Vision2020] The Hawkins Mall . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 29 18:41:42 PST 2014

I don't dance, Mr. Eiselein.  So, take your meaningless garble elsewhere.

Moscow, Pullman, and Hawkins Companies played this game before . . . almost six years ago.  Nothing ever came from it, other than Walter Steed's failed, lame attempt at sharing Moscow's water rights with Hawkins Companies.

Here it is 2014 and Hawkins Companies is knocking on doors again.

Pullman and Whitman County have both expressed a lack of interest in renewing their agreement with Hawkins Companies (which coincidentally expires next week).

In addition to shared water rights, another question surfaced six years ago.  Since the Hawkins Companies mall doesn't sufficiently benefit the community, just who does benefit?  The answer to that question is related to property values.

A friend, and fellow V-Peep, visited the assessor's office in Colfax and obtained public records related to the property surrounding the mall property.  Some of the names of those property owners are very familiar here in Moscow.

Hmmm

Stay tuned.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

But first you must learn to smile as you kill,

- John Lennon