[Vision2020] New Year's Drunkard or Trinitarian Skylarking?

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:33:02 PST 2014

Happy New Year (I guess),

When I returned from Spokane New Year's Day and opened the drapes, I was
shocked to see this sight.  At first I thought it was a high powered rifle,
but there was no bullet between the panes and a bullet would have gone
through both panes.

When the policeman came, he found a river rock below the window, one that
could have only come from the landscaping in the front of my house.

I figure it was either a drunk, a kid, or, even more likely, fundamentalist
Christians who have never liked me; and, after my column on the Christmas
story as a myth, might well have retaliated. I guess the phrase "a myth
with a profound truth" did not mollify them.

I'm well aware that Christ Church sharpshooters practice every weekend, but
I will keep writing, debating, and debunking until I draw my last breath.
But first I will have to write that check to Norm's Glass for $600.  The
deductible on my home insurance is $5,000!

Poor Jolly St. Nicholas, after bringing such joy and truth to the world.