[Vision2020] Say What?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 11:29:50 PST 2014

First, I did not claim that I am OK with Google obtaining private and personal information.  I merely made a joke.

Second, Google collects information I voluntarily give it, for the most part.  Since I run NoScript and don't enable google analytics, they have a tougher time following me around the net.  They also provide the ability to delete what data they collect if I wish to do so.

The NSA, on the other hand, did not get any of my information from me voluntarily.  They provide no means of finding out what information they have collected, or any process by which you can delete it.  Furthermore, as an agency of the government, they are only supposed to collect information from me via a warrant and only when they have probable cause to do so, Patriot Act be damned.

Paul