[Vision2020] Idaho Senate Bill 1254 and Idaho's city police chiefs

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:42:32 PST 2014

College presidents and police chiefs are against this bill Paul.  IMO, there was a ban in place and if it's unconstitutional then it should be challenged in court and struck down as such.  If the ban can withstand a constitutional challenge, then that should satisfy everyone including you if you're really the champion of the constitution as you claim to be.

What's puzzling to me, and admittedly I haven't looked deeply into this issue, is why the Idaho legislature is pursing this angle at all?  It doesn't seem as they're being lobbied by college students for this bill.  It seems to me that they're just poking their fingers in the eyes of the liberal elites in higher education for no good reason.

The Idaho Senate approve the bill and now it moves on to the House:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/feb/19/idaho-senate-oks-bill-to-allow-guns-on-cus/

Once it passes it'll be interesting to see what the next move is for the universities.  I'd guess that they could still have a policy against guns on campus and that anyone carrying could face expulsion.  I'd also guess that policy in itself would not be determined to be constitutional (or not) unless it was enforced upon someone and that someone filed a lawsuit against the university.

-Scott