[Vision2020] Please Select County.

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Dec 18 12:06:35 PST 2014

On 12/18/2014 1:30 AM, Saundra Lund wrote:

> Is there some reason you didn’t include the specific Web site where
> you encountered this snafu, or did I miss it? Inquiring minds want to
> know J

I suspect that there are multiple reasons why I didn't include it -- the
first being that the idea of including it didn't cross my mind. The web
site was the state of Idaho's health insurance site, Your Health Idaho.
My assumption was that everyone on this list knows his or her insurance
status, and thus needs no presumptuous prompting from me, especially to
a problematic public provider such as the reluctantly released, and, as
it turns out, buggy state of Idaho web site.  I'll readily admit that
large software systems are difficult to accomplish successfully, but
given all the publicity about systems precisely for that purpose in the
last few months, the extra year of preparation time, and the substantial
money available to get the job done with sufficient testing and quality
assurance efforts, it is sad and disappointing that easily discoverable
bugs present themselves on a first use of the site.  But it is what it
is.  C'est la vie.

Ken