[Vision2020] 'Journey for Justice' protesters hit with racial abuse

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun Dec 7 16:11:41 PST 2014

You did not adequately answer the question. If he was unarmed is beside the point. He resisted arrest. yes calling for a backup would be desirable.. He was taken alive. It is my understanding that he died of a heart attack in the hospital later, undoubtedly exacerbated by his asthmatic  condition. Even with backup if a person resists  arrest what are the police supposed to say "pretty please let me put the handcuff on you" . I am sure that would be effective.

Long term solutions would be to try and have the make up of the police force resemble that of the community. Easier said than done. Also the police should be actively involved the   life of the community. Be a part of the community not an occupational force.
.