[Vision2020] 'Journey for Justice' protesters hit with racial abuse

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 17:56:05 PST 2014

The 'Apprehend the perpetrator ALIVE' happens in the overwhelming vast
majority of arrests.  As for Roger's ridiculous suggestion of 'leaving
race aside', it can't be done in the Ferguson case.  Race is of
paramount importance and render facts of the events leading up to the
fatal shooting of Michael Brown as moot.  Considering that Missouri and
most of the Southern states have appalling history of racial injustice, I
 see 'Journey for Justice' in general as being a noble cause.  The
mistake is basing it on the Ferguson case which unfortunately undermines
 the cause's credibility.

In previous post in November, Paul had made some great points to which there was no response so I'll repost here as a refresher:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2014-November/098988.html

If it's not with him personally, then they want him to take one for the
team because he just happens to be white, regardless of what actually
happened.  Is it just me, or is there something ironic about that?  Isn't
that a double standard?  Which, if they get their way, they will use to
ruin a man's life.

Maybe I watch the wrong news outlets.  This isn't being framed as "angry
protestors riot because cop isn't indicted for the killing of a man", it's
being framed as "angry protestors riot because a *white* cop isn't indicted
for the killing of a *black* man".  That's what is making me ask about race
in this particular case.

I'm not really surprised about any of this, I just want us all to get our
cards out on the table where we can see them.

Paul