[Vision2020] Sidebar? (Was RE: Challenging issues)

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:59:18 PST 2014

Special exemptions come in to play because roles involved.  If Darren Wilson was not in law enforcement, he might very well have been indicted for involuntary manslaughter or something else.  It's his job to arrest criminals.  Anyone can play Tuesday morning quarterback on this one say 'if only this...' and 'Wilson shoulda, coulda, woulda...'.  I can probably site a dozen or more instances of where I should have reacted differently in a situation.  It's easy to look with 20/20 vision after the fact and say 'but he wasn't armed' and 'he had his hands up' and whatnot.  It's not so easy when you're tangled up in a fight, the situation escalates, and shots are already being fired.