[Vision2020] Concealed Firearms Permit Requirements . . .

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 14:46:50 PDT 2014

"P.S. I asked someone in the know the other day how many enhanced permits
have been issued in the state of Idaho so far.  My source thought maybe
there have been about 500.  Five hundred in a state of 1,000,000.  How many
of those 500 do you suppose are college students?  I’m thinking it’s pretty
low, and that all this hype and hyperbole is much ado about nothing.  Now
excuse me while I head outside and have a better chance of getting struck
by lightning than I do of getting shot, at least in my opinion."

That's the sad thing.  It's not like spree shooters have been known to
comply with firearms permit laws when they are murdering people in cold
blood.  This particular law has done nothing to stop a spree shooter,
except that there is now some small fraction of a 500 in 1,000,000 chance
that someone on campus can fire back.  Other than that, we are in the exact
same position now as we were last year.

Paul