[Vision2020] Concealed Firearms Permit Requirements . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 21 13:37:39 PDT 2014

. . . as specified in Idaho Statutes, Title 18 (Crimes and Punishments), Chapter 33 (Firearms, Explosives and Other Deadly Weapons, Section 18-3302 (Issuance of Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302.htm

------------------------------------
TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 33
FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND OTHER DEADLY WEAPONS
18-3302.  ISSUANCE OF LICENSES TO CARRY CONCEALED WEAPONS.
. . .

(13) When issuing a license pursuant to this section, the sheriff may require the applicant to demonstrate familiarity with a firearm and shall accept any of the following, provided the applicant may select whichever of the following applies:
(a)  Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the department of fish and game or a similar agency of another state;
(b)  Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course or any national rifle association hunter education course;
(c)  Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, community college, college, university, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the national rifle association or the Idaho state police;
(d)  Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of a law enforcement agency or security enforcement agency;
(e)  Presents evidence or equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
(f)  Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality, unless the license has been revoked for cause; or
(g)  Completion of any firearms training or training or safety course or class conducted by a state certified or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

It appears, unfortunately, that NFTA's four-hour class (complete with munchies and sodas), followed by a field trip to the nearest firing range, qualifies an applicant for an Idaho Concealed Weapons Permit.

And don't forget the Tri-State ten-dollar gift certificate.  You've earned it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go to the campus post office and check my mail.  Cover me.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon