[Vision2020] NSA Popping the Technology Bubble

Sunil sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:53:07 PDT 2014

By all means Scott, let's kill the messenger.

Nonsense!

Our government did this and it's on them. Bad analogy to legitimate company secrets.

Sunil

Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 14:40:07 -0700
From: paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
To: scooterd408 at hotmail.com
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] NSA Popping the Technology Bubble

I thank Snowden for catching them with their hands in the cookie jar.  He doesn't bear responsibility (in my opinion) for the pushback our country is seeing from foreign interests based on what was released, responsibility resides with those who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

They could have followed the rules and only spied on people involved in an actual investigation who weren't US citizens in-country, but they had to go completely overboard.  That's their real problem, as I see it.  They decided that they couldn't know who was a terrorist so they felt they had to assume that everyone was one and act accordingly.

Paul