[Vision2020] PR - City of Moscow PD Hosts National Night Out

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Aug 4 15:12:24 PDT 2014

[City of Moscow Color Logo 0409]City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City of Moscow Hosts National Night Out Event

August 4, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho) - On Tuesday, August 5, 2014, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Eastside Marketplace, the City of Moscow Police Department is hosting the 31st National Night Out in Moscow, Idaho joining thousands of communities nationwide.  This event is free and open to the public.

National Night Out will involve 16,124 communities from all over the world.  The event is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support and participation in local anticrime efforts, strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and send a message to the community that our neighborhoods are informed and prepared.

Activities and features planned for the Moscow National Night Out event will include:

*                 Hands on tours of emergency vehicles including a City of Moscow police patrol car, motorcycle, and bicycle, a Moscow Volunteer Ambulance Company ambulance and a Moscow Volunteer Fire Department fire truck.

*                 Crime prevention materials for all ages

*                 Free food

*                 Live music by "Cross Over"

*                 Games for kids

*                 Car seat checks

*                 Prescription drug disposal drop off

*                 Blood pressure checks

*                 Drunk goggles with toss game

*                 Alive at 25 materials

*                 Free drawings

*                 Visits by McGruff Crime Prevention Dog  and Sparky the Fire Dog

*                 Live coverage by a local radio station

*                 Search and Rescue information and equipment tours

*                 Whitcom 911 Dispatch information booth

*                 Gritman Medical Center informational booth

###

Story Contact: Lieutenant James Fry
Phone: 208.883.7054
Email: jfry at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jfry at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.