[Vision2020] Proposal: Change Listserv Name

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 18:39:36 PDT 2014

I'm totally fine with Tom posting City Council stuff, farmer's market
pictures, and news items that might spark a conversation.  I appreciate
that stuff.  What I'm tired of are the Borowitz Reports, Calvin Trillin
deadbeat poet, and the many anti-whatever joke posts he makes.  I don't
find these helpful, and I wonder why he doesn't post all this on his
Facebook account.  I'm ambivalent about "Caturday".  I like cats, though I
don't have pets, but there is an internet full of cat videos out there.
Also, I can find my own music, though I guess it doesn't hurt me if someone
posts suggestions for songs.

As for the vote, I'll vote for keeping the name and limiting ourselves to 3
_conversational threads_ a day.  If someone is in the middle of an
interesting conversation, I would encourage the back-and-forth.

Even if we decide something, I don't expect Tom to abide by it.  He has an
independent streak in this area that I find quite refreshing.  I just wish
he would extend a little more respect to those he disagrees with.

Paul