[Vision2020] Yes, I'm proud to be a liberal

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:53:42 PDT 2014

I never meant to imply that a large government has the *right* to spy on
it's citizens.  It just has the resources to do so.

Basically, if you want the nice shiny things, you need a government big
enough to cause us all trouble, as well as the rest of the world.

I agree that the "policing" I was talking about serves the interest of
those in power for reasons other than doing what they think is right.  They
can't do it (at least as well) with a small government, though, which was
my point.

Paul