[Vision2020] Fw: Sunday 5/4, 1pm: Everyone invited to White Pine/Systematic Botany Trip--Skyline Drive

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun Apr 27 20:07:42 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: "Whitepine chapter INPS" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
To: "White Pine Chapter" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
Date: 04/27/14 17:08
Subject: Sunday 5/4, 1pm: Everyone invited to White Pine/Systematic Botany Trip--Skyline Drive

Sunday, May 4, 1:00 pm:  Meet up with the University of Idaho Systematic Botany class field trip (White Pine is invited, no RSVPs needed as the student group is small this year), held at Skyline Drive--McCroskey State Park Sunday May 4th.  The trip leader is Pam Brunsfeld, Instructor for the class, and former Manager and Curator, UI Stillinger Herbarium.

Gather at 1:00 pm at Moscow Rosauers parking lot.  We'll carpool north on Hwy 95 to the Mineral Mountain Rest Stop (west side of highway, and a bit south of the park entrance).  Participants from west and north of Moscow can catch us at this rest stop, at 1:30 pm.  Return time to Moscow is 5:00 pm.

Our route through the park begins in moist mixed conifer forest, and descends into Palouse grasslands.  With the onset of warm weather Tuesday, expect some wonderful flowers in these various habitats, as well as grand views.

Bring your knowledge of native plants and desire to learn more!  Also, bring footgear for brief hiking, jacket, hat, water, snacks, sunscreen, guidebooks, camera and binoculars.

Sent by Sonja Lewis

Phone 208-883-2638