[Vision2020] Read this entire thing. All the way to the bottom, see pictures.

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 11 20:49:10 PDT 2014

Well, I'm going to show how ignorant I am, but looking at the City's pdf, it
looks to *me* like it's a Jimmy Johns restaurant with a drive-through window
-- not a Starbucks -- that's the proposed anchor tenant with perhaps a
second tenant in the much smaller portion of the building.  Yeah, I see the
drawing that shows Starbucks -- I don't know if that's artistic license or
if Starbucks is really interested in leasing there -- but the drive-through
window would be in the Jimmy Johns part of the building, or am I reading it
wrong?

Does anyone know if Starbucks will be going in there?  The last I knew,
Starbucks was going to build a drive-through at the Palouse Mall . . . has
that changed?  Are they going to pull out of the mall or out of Safeway or
out of the UI bookstore?

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems to me there's a big difference
between a business that expects 100% of its business to be drive-through
(Dutch Bros.) & something like a Jimmy Johns that estimates 10-15% of its
business to be drive-through.

Mind you, I have no skin in the game because I don't drink coffee and I was
definitely less-than-impressed the one time I had a sandwich from Jimmy
Johns, but I can imagine there are a lot of people downtown & right there on
campus that would love to have a Jimmy Johns centrally located in Moscow
that delivers . . . and on bikes.

And, Bev, I'm confused about what you were told -- I pulled up the zoning
code, and drive-through windows are a conditional use, as are establishments
providing prepared food primarily for take-out or delivery.  So, it seems to
me that whoever told you that drive-through windows absolutely are NOT
allowed in the CB district wasn't being quite accurate or was perhaps
confused . . . I dunno:
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/records/CityCode/T04,C03.pdf

Saundra
Moscow, ID

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.