[Vision2020] Fw: Calling all Plant Sale Volunteers

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sat Apr 5 09:58:50 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: "Whitepine chapter INPS" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
To: "White Pine Chapter" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
Date: 04/04/14 19:42
Subject: Calling all Plant Sale Volunteers

Hello native plant enthusiasts! Let’s get going on our 3rd annual Plant Sale!
            Setup:   Friday May 23, 3:00—7:00pm,  1912 Center “Arts Workshop” room, Moscow
            Sale Date:   Saturday May 24, 9:00am—noon, 1912 Center “Arts Workshop” room
If you have native plants to donate and/or you can assist in other way, please contact one of us below.  Many of our past volunteers will be with us again and new folks are encouraged to lend a hand as well.
Plant donations
Our commercial growers will again supply natives, and we especially welcome native plants from your gardens.  Plants for the sale will be healthier if they can be potted up very soon.  Look around and see what could be thinned or divided, and make sure all plants are labeled, weed free and garden ready (or nearly so).  Get in touch with us if you need assistance or supplies.  If you are unable to drop off plants during setup, contact one of us for assistance.  Also, let us know by early May the names and quantities of plants you can provide.  However, we welcome last-minute additions as well.
Other ways to help
 - Donate plant trays, pots or potting soil; bring cardboard boxes for carryout.
·       Help publicize by posting our flyers throughout the area. (We post at MANY venues)
·       Join label-making party.  (Need small, neat handwriting)
·       Provide snacks for volunteers Friday and Saturday.
·       Friday: Help with set up: arrange tables, nursery flats, put signage on walls, etc. (lots to do!)
·       Saturday: Offer customer assistance (plant expertise helpful), carryout, etc.
·       Tally customers’ order sheets prior to checkout; at end of day, record what did not sell.
·       Clean up.
(Volunteers who are paid-up INPS members, will have a limited “first pick” of plants on Friday. Please pay for plants at that time)

To volunteer, contact anyone listed below.
Thad Davis aristata at tds.net 208-289-5255
Steve Flint sflint at uidaho.edu 208-882-8621
Sonja Lewis sonjalewis.iam at gmail.com 208-883-2638

All new plant sale volunteers will be added to our master Volunteer list and receive future updates and pertinent info. Thanks in advance to all who can lend a hand this year and make for another successful native plant sale. It can’t be done without your help!