[Vision2020] PR - Moscow Maintains Fire Defense Classification Three Rating

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Sep 19 08:14:14 PDT 2013

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Moscow Maintains Fire Defense Classification Three Rating

September 18, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) - The Idaho Surveying and Rating Bureau recently concluded their annual evaluation of the City of Moscow's Volunteer Fire Department for the purposes of determining the fire suppression rating used to designate fire insurance rates for residents and property owners in Moscow.  The City of Moscow is proud to announce that the City of Moscow will continue to enjoy the Fire Defense Classification Three rating it has maintained since 1999.

This inspection evaluates all aspects of fire protection services including dispatch capabilities, equipment resources, pump capacity, ladder service, fire suppression resource distribution, fire personnel, personnel training levels, water system integrity, hydrant facilities and more.

This rating results in significant insurance savings to both residential and commercial property owners within Moscow and is similar to the rating of much large departments such as the City of Boise and City of Coeur d'Alene.

It is important to emphasize that this accomplishment would not be possible if it were not for the dedicated community service of the more than 100 volunteer fire fighters that serve our community.  The City of Moscow thanks each and every volunteer for their commitment to excellence.

For more information on the rating or the Moscow Volunteer Fire Department, please contact Fire Chief Ed Button at 208.883.7809.

###

Story Contact: Ed Button, Fire Chief
Phone: 208.883.7809
Email: ebutton at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:ebutton at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.