[Vision2020] Grand Canyon

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 22:32:36 PDT 2013

But Utah and Arizona expect to be repaid after the Fed reopens...

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA

On Friday, October 11, 2013 6:35 PM, Janesta <janesta at gmail.com> wrote:

Re-opens tomorrow... considering how Gov. Brewer wagged her finger in President Obama's face a few years ago.. mighty magnanimous of him. *chuckle*

>In all seriousness, towns local to Grand Canyon have kicked in a lot of money as well... Here's to the end of this shut down, and all the parks opening soon.
>

>For those of you interested here is the article from azcentral.com
>

>The Grand Canyon National Park will re-open Saturday under the terms
of a deal Gov. Jan Brewer reached late Friday with federal officials.
>The state will pay $651,000, covering a weeks’ worth of costs for re-opening the entire park.
>The money will come from a mix of state and “other” dollars, Brewer
spokesman Andrew Wilder said, including funds contributed by Tusayan
businesses.
>The announcement came after an afternoon conference call to iron out
the details, and after the Interior Department had reached similar
re-opening agreements with Utah and Colorado.
>The park closed last week when a partial federal government shutdown took effect.
>The park closed last week when a partial federal government shutdown took effect.
>In a statement released late Friday, Brewer said. “I’m gratified the
Obama administration agreed to reverse its policy and allow Arizona to
reopen Grand Canyon, Arizona’s most treasured landmark and a crucial
driver of revenue to the state."
 “With a long weekend in front of us, I am thrilled Grand Canyon will be open and fully operational – not only for our national and global
travelers who have long-awaited to experience one of the world’s Seven
Natural Wonders, but for the nearby businesses and communities whose
livelihood depends on the tourism it attracts."