[Vision2020] Grand Canyon

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:35:26 PDT 2013

Re-opens tomorrow... considering how Gov. Brewer wagged her finger in
President Obama's face a few years ago.. mighty magnanimous of him.
*chuckle*

In all seriousness, towns local to Grand Canyon have kicked in a lot of
money as well... Here's to the end of this shut down, and all the parks
opening soon.

For those of you interested here is the article from azcentral.com

The Grand Canyon National Park will re-open Saturday under the terms of a
deal Gov. Jan Brewer reached late Friday with federal officials.

The state will pay $651,000, covering a weeks’ worth of costs for
re-opening the entire park.

The money will come from a mix of state and “other” dollars, Brewer
spokesman Andrew Wilder said, including funds contributed by Tusayan
businesses.

The announcement came after an afternoon conference call to iron out the
details, and after the Interior Department had reached similar re-opening
agreements with Utah and Colorado.

The park closed last week when a partial federal government shutdown took
effect.

The park closed last week when a partial federal government shutdown took
effect.

In a statement released late Friday, Brewer said. “I’m gratified the Obama
administration agreed to reverse its policy and allow Arizona to reopen
Grand Canyon, Arizona’s most treasured landmark and a crucial driver of
revenue to the state."
 “With a long weekend in front of us, I am thrilled Grand Canyon will be
open and fully operational – not only for our national and global travelers
who have long-awaited to experience one of the world’s Seven Natural
Wonders, but for the nearby businesses and communities whose livelihood
depends on the tourism it attracts."