[Vision2020] Although I am not a church-going Christian . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 16:29:06 PST 2013

On 11/03/2013 03:01 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Minor correction.
>
> I do not support ALL of the inscription of the Georgia Guidestones.
>
> 1 - I do not believe in limiting the world's population to 500
> million.  We must seek, protect, and avail, subsistence for all.

I'm glad you said this.  Because the unasked question that's sitting
there like an 800-lb gorilla in the room is: How do you get there from
here?  That's why I cringe every time I hear people talk about reducing
our population.  Are we talking forced sterilization?  One child per
family?  Starting a world war?  Gassing people en masse? Praying that
people will die off in droves through some kind of plague or natural
disaster?  We're talking about less that 1/14 of the people surviving.
I work in an office with 15-20 people in it, so one, maybe two of us get
to live in this perfect paradise?  No thanks.

> 2 - By "Guide reproduction wisely", I assume it is meant that we
> should establish standards in which a society may be permitted to
> reproduce.  (nope.  That ain't me.)

That's the second question nobody brings up with regards to the first
one.  Say you somehow (luckily?) get the world population down to under
1/14 of what it is now, how do you keep it there?  What kind of
civilization would we have to have to make that even possible?  You'd
have to have a fascist one-world government that has complete control.
Again, no thanks.

Paul