[Vision2020] And the beat goes on . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 12:51:37 PDT 2013

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to question your enthusiasm.  It's just that I don't see an average of 83 posts a day from you on this subject, one for each event where someone dies due to the involvement of a firearm.

I'm tending to think of this in terms of reactions by authorities as akin to domestic terrorism.  An event happens in a public venue and it turns into what's known in professional circles as a "media shitstorm".  We can either choose to react emotionally to these situations like we did as a country to 9/11, or we can take a deep look at the problem and see if there is a solution that we could put into place in concordance with the relative threat level of the event.

There is a real danger here, because authorities like events that give them an excuse to grab more power, with our "best interests" at heart.  I don't wish to lose any more civil liberties because of someone's fear that I need to be more "secure".

Paul