[Vision2020] Steed on his way out

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 17 05:09:17 PDT 2013

"I couldn't understand why he took a stand he knew would be contrary to the majority of his party until I was told recently that he is considering a run for mayor, and then the lights went on - he is trolling for liberal votes."

*Imagining Wally Steed in a tie-dyed shirt and bell-bottoms*  YECCH!

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (May 17, 2013) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Steed on his way out
Background checks to buy ammo. Confiscation of guns from anyone accused of a crime before they are convicted of anything. The monitoring of the Internet and social media by police and government officials. These are just a few of the many Second Amendment restrictions voted for by Walter Steed, chairman of the Latah GOP. As a result, a majority in the Republican Central Committee passed a resolution that censured him and called for his resignation.
During the debate, not one person who spoke on Steed's behalf said they agreed with his stand on gun control. They stated they supported him because "he is a nice guy" and "he runs a good meeting."
In response to his censure, an angry and agitated chairman read a letter that implied those who voted for his resignation were "extremists." Wow right out of the Democrats' playbook. Remember now, these are the same people who last year unanimously voted to give him another term as chairman.
I can name 100 Idaho Republicans who oppose far less than what Steed supports, including every state and nationally elected Idaho Republican. I challenge Chairman Steed to name just one Idaho Republican who supports the restrictions he advocates. I won't hold my breath, because there are none. So Steed, it is clearly you who are the extremist on this issue.
I couldn't understand why he took a stand he knew would be contrary to the majority of his party until I was told recently that he is considering a run for mayor, and then the lights went on - he is trolling for liberal votes.
For the record: Yes, Steed is a nice guy and he does run a good meeting, but for most of us, standing by your principles is far more important. Enjoy your last hurrah, Steed.
Eric McGilp
Troy

Seeya at the Wingding, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon