[Vision2020] Miss Lube Rack 1955

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Wed May 15 10:41:37 PDT 2013

On 5/15/2013 8:43 AM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Her name, back then, was Nancy D'Alesandro.
>
> image.jpeg
>
> We know her better, today, as . . . Nancy Pelosi.
>
> Courtesy of Carros Santigos at:
>
> http://carrosantigos.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/muller-bros-car-wash-junho-de-1951/

The website snopes.com has a different story for the photograph:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/luberack.asp

"*Origins:*   This image of a young woman selected as
"Miss Lube Rack" of 1959 (or 1955), striking a cheesecake-style pose in
an automobile service bay surrounded by five auto service techs, was
circulated on the Internet beginning in March 2013, accompanied by text
claiming it to be a photograph of U.S. Representative (and former
Speaker of the House) Nancy Pelosi of California, who was born Nancy
Patricia D'Alesandro in 1940.

The photo is real, but the identification of the woman pictured as being
a teenaged Nancy Pelosi is nothing but a bit of political tomfoolery."

More text and photographs at the link immediately above.

Ken