[Vision2020] Write in haste . . . . .

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue May 14 13:17:46 PDT 2013

In my haste (and in truth, my reluctance to quote Doug Wilson in one of his
more depraved ramblings) I did not quote him accurately.  I owe him an
apology for my omissions and typos.  Thank you in advance to any of his
flock who will forward this apology to him on my behalf.

The following is the corrected version of what remains the rather clearly
articulated fantasy of a slightly bent fourteen year old or the ignorant,
drooling, and deluded daydreams of an aging old codger.

Rose Huskey

"When we quarrel with the way the world is, we find that the world has ways
of getting  back at us.  In other words, however we try, the sexual act
cannot be made into an egalitarian pleasuring party.  A man penetrates,
conquers, colonizes, plants.  A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.  This
is of course offensive to all egalitarians, and so our culture has rebelled
against the concept of authority and submission in marriage.  This means
that we have sought to suppress the concepts of authority and submission as
they relate to the marriage bed.

But we cannot make gravity disappear just because we dislike it, and in the
same way we find that our banished authority and submission comes back to us
in pathological forms.  This is what lies behind sexual "bondage and
submission games," along with very common rape fantasies.  Men dream of
being rapists, and women find themselves wistfully reading novels in which
someone ravishes the "soon to be made willing" heroine. Those who deny they
have any need for water at all will soon find themselves lusting after
polluted water, but water nonetheless.

True authority and true submission are therefore an erotic necessity."