[Vision2020] Shameless?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:57:07 PDT 2013

I've got a couple of questions.

1. Why did you feel the need to go out of your way to stop others from being able to purchase "The Ex"?  I think it's in bad taste, and I don't plan on ever buying one, but it never occurred to me that I needed to make other people's decisions for them and try to force Amazon not to sell them.  This seems to be one of the contentious issues between the philosophies of the Libertarian Party vs. the Democratic Party.  What's wrong with just not buying one?  Why not let everyone choose to be a saint or a sinner?

2. What do you think the purpose of the "No Hesitation" line of practice targets is, if not to desensitize someone to shooting pregnant women, old men, kids, etc?  The company that used to sell them (before they took them down) has a $5.5 million contract with the government, and claims to sell that particular line of targets to law enforcement.  I haven't found out yet whether they sold any of that particular line of targets to federal agents yet.  Why would trained law enforcement professionals need these kinds of targets?

The purchasers of "The Ex" mannequins undoubtedly need to work on their relationship skills.  The purchasers of the "No Hesitation" line of targets are law enforcement professionals and quite possibly federal agents.  That scares me far more than the other.  However, it doesn't scare me enough to try to force Law Enforcement Targets, inc. to take the targets off their web site (despite the fact that they did so voluntarily later).

Paul