[Vision2020] Land grab treasonous

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 17 17:14:15 PDT 2013

Courtesy of today's (March 17, 2013) Spokesman-Review with VERY special thanks to Brett Haverstick.

-------------------------------------

Land grab treasonous
The state motto for Utah is “Industry.” Hence, it is no surprise they want to bring a lawsuit against the federal government for control of some of America’s most scenic heritage. Utah covets 22 million acres of public wildlands located within the state. The oil and gas industry is salivating.

Enter Idaho, whose state motto implies “Forever.” The Idaho Legislature wants to perpetuate the ravaging of our national forests and rangelands by drafting legislation that mimic’s Utah’s land grab. Idaho wants 15 million acres of federally owned land located within the state. The timber and ranching industry is drooling.

Utah and Idaho are two peas in a pod. They have one hand out in front looking for federal handouts, while the other hand is behind their back giving the feds the finger. The return of the Sagebrush Rebellion is upon us. Indeed, America’s heritage and public wildlands are under threat from Western states and the corporations they serve.

If it were up to me, I’d charge Idaho Gov. Butch Otter and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert with treason. Bring the troops home, and instead put them on the steps of these two state Capitols. The real enemies are in our backyard.

Brett Haverstick

Moscow

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon