[Vision2020] Rand Paul

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 18:43:14 PST 2013

"Showboating", huh?  Whatever.

The vast amount of drone strikes overseas have either been against
people on their kill list going about their day, not currently involved
in a violent attack, or they have been against people they can't
identify but that they are reasonably sure are terrorists because of
their associations.  Again, not taking them out while they are actively
engaged in combat, just assassinating them wherever they happen to find
them, doing whatever they happen to be doing at that moment.  Doing the
dishes, blam, dead, along with who knows how many people nearby.  No due
process, no vetting of evidence, no jury of their peers, no idea even
what criteria our President uses to determine who gets to die that day.

Nobody I've seen is saying that we can't use drones, even on American
soil, against people actively involved in combat.  The problem is that
that isn't what they are being used for.

If you want to wish this away as some kind of stunt because he's a Paul
or because he's a Republican or because you don't like his haircut, then
you're part of the problem.  Our President is out of control with these
assassinations, and our police departments are out of control in their
militarization.  Drop the damned Us vs. Them crap, please.

Paul