[Vision2020] Creditors seize vehicles from Gilbert Auto lot in Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 6 14:34:10 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Creditors seize vehicles from Gilbert Auto lot in Moscow
The Ford Motor Credit Company seized its vehicles back from the financially bankrupt Gilbert Auto Ford in Moscow Wednesday night after it and other creditors were granted permission in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to seize back assets from dealerships in Idaho and Washington owned by Mark Gilbert.
Moscow Police Chief David Duke said officers responded to the dealership here around 8 p.m. Wednesday to standby as Ford repossessed its property, which will likely be distributed to other area dealers.
The credit company also took back its inventory at the Gilbert Auto Nissan dealership in Moses Lake, Wash., which is now closed, said Mary Lobdell, senior counsel for the consumer protection division of the Washington State Attorney General’s Office. Gilbert Auto Honda in College Place, Wash., has also closed, she said.
A Walla Walla County Superior Court judge granted an order of default against the Honda dealership on Monday and awarded the city of College Place $2 million it was seeking as repayment of a 2008 project to put in a road leading to the dealership, according the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin.
“My understanding is that most of (Gilbert’s) employees have been let go,” said Lobdell. “I think the empire is crumbling.”
The bankruptcy court also granted a release of stay for Chetwood Properties, which owns the property where Gilbert Auto Ford is located, allowing it to proceed with its lawsuit seeking $10,000 in back rent and termination of its lease.
Chetwood Properties originally filed a complaint in Latah County Second District Court in mid-March asking for restitution and to evict the Moscow dealership from the 2.85-acre property on South Blaine Street, but the case was stalled when Gilbert Auto filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March.
Robert Rembert, attorney for Chetwood Properties, said the release of stay was granted May 20 and Gilbert has until June 19 to respond.
“If they respond and agree that they have breached the lease by not paying rent or otherwise violated it that, I think the court can quite expeditiously determine that my client has a right to possession of the premises,” said Rembert.

Seeya at the Wingding, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon