[Vision2020] Sea-level rise threatens 1,400 towns

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 13:00:33 PDT 2013

No one is trying to get everyone to stop emitting CO2. That is a hopeless
endeavor. The idea is to limit production, to conserve energy ("conserve"
as in "be conservative"). You are thrashing at a person made of straw, not
a view that policy makers hold. Suppose we rephrase your first point with
this in mind:

"... while the majority of CO2 dissolves in the ocean within 200 years or
so, what's left can stick around in the atmosphere for hundreds of years.
 So getting everybody to [limit production of] CO2 is really a non-starter
in the cost/benefit analysis arena."

That sounds like a pretty bad set of reasoning.

That's it for now!