[Vision2020] And so it goes . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 16:56:18 PDT 2013

The media has made this into a full-blown racial-hatred-fueled genuine
Media Circus (tm) for their own immediate gain.  When it comes down to
it, there was no evidence to the contrary against Zimmerman's claims
that he was at risk of his life when he pulled his gun and shot Martin
in the chest.  Yes, I know, conveniently for Zimmerman.  But that's what
it comes down to.

I'm amazed at how much hatred there is for Zimmerman.  They both did
stupid things: Zimmerman for following him, Martin for attacking him.
Either one could have avoided this confrontation. But at the end of the
day, the jury had to have no reasonable doubt that Zimmerman acted with
a "depraved mind" and showed "no regard for human life".  Since
self-defense is a defense against second degree murder in Florida, then
their inability to rule it out without reasonable doubt meant that they
pretty much had to acquit him.  I say that making no judgments on either
Zimmerman's actions or Martin's.

You know who I would like to see go to jail?  The person at NBC that
edited the 9-1-1 tape to make it look more like it was racial profiling
by Zimmerman.  Read more about that here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Misleading_audio_editing_by_NBC

I wish people would stop letting the media get away with this crap.

Paul