[Vision2020] Wayne Krauss on Gun Violence and What is Wrong in America

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:22:31 PST 2013

In addition to the remarks of Saundra, it should be added that the society
that Krauss think once existed, never, in fact did.

See:  *The Way We Never Were: American Families And The Nostalgia Trap*  by
Stephanie Coontz.
http://www.amazon.com/Way-We-Never-Were-Nostalgia/dp/0465090974

and the chapter entitled "The Family" in
Legends, Lies, and Cherished Myths of American
History<http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Cherished-Myths-American-History/dp/B000GG4Z2M/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359234895&sr=1-6&keywords=legends%2C+lies>
by
Richard Shenkman<http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Shenkman/e/B000APN31I/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1359234895&sr=1-6>
(Jun
19, 1992)

When anyone spouts the lack of religious beliefs and practices as the cause
of the current problems of society and the world, the facts go way out the
window -- they (the facts) are so inconvenient to an irrational discussion
of very complex problems.  Facts, not fantasy, are needed to solve
problems.  When the flood waters are rising, it is time to stop praying and
start repairing and sandbagging dikes else you are going to get your ass
very wet.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)