[Vision2020] Fw:Forwarding kids & native plants WNPS blog

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Jan 22 10:40:19 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Forwarding kids & native plants WNPS blog
From: "Whitepine chapter INPS"
To: "White Pine Chapter contacts"
Date: 01/22/13 00:31:58

Here's a great blog post from our native plant neighbors.  Check it out!

Thad Davis, White Pine chapter member

From: "Catherine Hovanic" <wnps at wnps.org>
To: <wnps at wnps.org>
Subject: Ten Ways to Connect Kids with Native Plants from WNPS
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:18:22 -0800

Botanical Rambles has posted a new item, 'Ten Ways to Connect Kids with Native Plants'

by Jeanne Ponzetti

What are your earliest childhood memories of native habitats, plants, and animals?

      I loved a secret hideout behind a cluster of evergreens in our backyard in New York, where I dug in the dirt and collected prickly chestnut burs.
      My husband Dave remembers long hours of wandering the [...]

You may view the latest post at
http://www.wnps.org/blog/ten-ways-to-connect-kids-with-native-plants/

Catherine E. Hovanic
Executive Director