[Vision2020] Hmmm . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 18:19:50 PST 2013

Which would you rather have if your life were on the line?  A gun or a
stuffed animal?

Which would you rather have if your house was on fire?  A fire
extinguisher or a stuffed animal?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I like
stuffed animals as much as your normal middle-aged man, but don't you
think you'd rather have a smoke detector in case of a fire, a poncho if
you're stuck out in the weather while hiking, a donut tire if you get a
flat, an air bag if you get in a head-on collision, etc, etc?  I mean,
maybe if you were being attacked by a band of rabid Japanese schoolgirls
having a stuffed animal with you that you could throw as a diversion
might actually be handy. I just can't think of too many other scenarios
where I'd need one.

Seriously, don't you think there's a utilitarian use to having a firearm
around?

Paul