[Vision2020] Hmmm . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 19:02:25 PST 2013

What's paranoid about locking up when you're out and being ready to
defend yourself when you're at home when there is a known burglar in the
area?  Being prepared is not the same thing as being paranoid.  If
someone is crazy enough to break into your home while you are there, you
can go ahead and classify that as a situation fraught with danger, in
which case having some means to protect yourself might be called for.
There are plenty of reasonable scenarios where a would-be burglar
happens upon a member of the household when he thought the place was
empty that could end up very badly for the person he stumbled upon.  If
the burglar knew you were at home and invaded the home anyway, then
you've definitely got a problem if you are happily unarmed.

Better to have that gun when you need it than not.  If guns frighten
you, which I find hard to believe because of your military background,
then at least pick up a good aluminum baseball bat.

Do you think I'm paranoid because I keep a set of jumper cables in my
trunk in case my battery dies and I need a jump from a kind stranger?
Are you one of those people that joyously flit from situation to
situation relying on the gods to keep you out of trouble?

Paul