[Vision2020] Caution

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:39:12 PST 2013

I've been reading a lot of economics lately.  Here is the most apt quote
from one of them:

 "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made
answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by
economists."
-- Joan Robinson <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/185171.Joan_Robinson>

I say this because even if we allow that most say thay are not agenda
driven, that are.  But worse many are epistemologically naive, oversimplify
some matters to the point of absurdity/glaring errors, have difficult time
providing clear, elucidating examples from the real world (or even the
hypothetical world) and hold inconsistent views from chapter to chapter.

However, despite these problems and with critical reading, there is much to
be learned if one wants to intelligently understand how things basically
work and make informed decisions about public policy issues.
--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com