[Vision2020] Dorner and Gun Control

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:48:07 PST 2013

Yours is only one interpretation of several different Second Amendment
issues involved:

Google: "Second Amendment" interpretation

You will see others, and with  a more refined search find how the U.S.
Supreme Court's interpretation of the meaning of the Second Amendment has
evolved to its present holding, which is likely to further evolve.  Even
more enlightening is how the interpretations of the Supreme Court's
interpretations can differ radically.

Here's another hint; one that Joe has made repeatedly:  The phrase "shall
not be infringed" is not interpreted as absolute as it sounds, like all
other rights, conflict with other rights and constitutional language force
changes and limitations.

You can see this by Googling:  Conflict Resolution "U.S. Constitution"
or Googling some other similar phrase.

Constitutional law, and the differing/evolving interpretations of the
Constitution over time by the courts is a complex matter and not nearly and
straight forward ir would appear to be.  I recommend reading a primer on
the subject as well as the above Googling to learn that saying "this is
what the constitution means" is like saying "this is what
Jesus/God/Mohammed/Allah/etc meant, though arguably not quite as convoluted.

w.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)